TL-PA9020P Gigabyte Ethernet Ports running at 12.5MB/s instead of 125MB/s

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-16 07:13:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So, I have two sets of TL-PA9020P. Bought within 6 months of each other. Both sets were bought brand new. First set from Currys and second set from Maplin.

Today I have been out to buy a Netgear 105 switch as I have run out of ethernet ports. Interestingly I noticed that my powerline supplying network access to the Netgear 105 switch was only running at 100mb (in accordance with the LED's on the switch). After trying many various cables and scratching my head for a while I decided to go grab one of my newer powerlines from another room and plugged that into the switch. Both LEDs on the switch now lit and flashing meaning I am now achieving 1000mb.

All my powerlines are V1's and running the latest firmware. No other settings were changed apart from turning all the powerline LEDs off and renaming them to something that corresponds to my environment.

Power saving mode was disabled across all 4 powerlines and lower PLC-to-VDSL mode enabled as this does boost my VDSL2 sync speed slightly (I think).

All four powerlines are in Online Game mode which I believe is the default mode.

After a bit more investigation it appears that my two older powerline ethernets were only running at 100mb instead of 1000mb. The two newer powerline ethernerts were running at 1000mb.

Reset the two older powerlines to defaults and now running at 1000mb.

No idea why......might be of help for someone else who wonders why they get a rubbish LAN speed through the ethernet ports. I wouldn't of known this if it wasn't for the Netgear switch - it would be handy if there was a status of the ethernet ports through the TP-Link PLC Utility.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 0

Related Articles