Few questions about TL-WR1043NDv4.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-31 20:26:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, TP-Link,

I have recently bought TL-WR1043NDv4 router (knowing that it was older model) and it is still untouched in the box.

I have bought it because:
- it has only 2.4 GHz band and I need only 2.4 GHz since 5 GHz is pretty useless through walls
- it has removable antennas so I can substitute them with 7, 8 or 9 dB antennas to strengthen the signal
- it has simple admin layout (however, I did not know since v4 the layout was upgraded and I liked the old green/white more)
- it has good reviews on the internet and newer models not so much (except for that low WAN to LAN performance)
- all 5 ethernet ports (1x WAN + 4x LAN) are capable of 1 Gbps speed

I have a few questions about WR1043ND:
- is version 4 of this router still affected with the slow WAN to LAN throughput?
- how can I make sure and test it? connect WAN to LAN1 and PC to LAN4 and run tests?
- does WAN to LAN throughput drop when the Bandwidth Control (QoS) is enabled?
- is there a classic QoS like setting up parameters for certain services, prioritizing ethernet ports etc?
- is there a way to disable WiFi speedboost and to only use 300 Mbps and not 450 Mbps?
- what will happen if I disable the NAT boost options? will WAN to LAN throughput drop?
(there are 2 options: enable/disable NAT, enable/disable hardware NAT)
- is there a way to schedule WiFi access? (I don't need WiFi during nights, so to preserve electricity ...)
- when Bandwidth Control / QoS is disabled, how does the router handle data? all connected devices get equal part of bandwidth?

Well, I might have been thinking about returning WR1043ND back and rather getting Archer C7 AC1750 v4 for possible future purposes.

So few more questions:
- TL-WR1043NDv4 has three 5 dB external 2.4 GHz antennas, Archer C7 AC1750 v4 has three 3 dB internal 2.4 GHz antennas,
I found a test where the C7 proved to be better at longer distance (at 2.4 GHz band) than WR1043ND, might it be true?
(I always thought that external antennas are much better and powerful than internal and also there is a 2 dB difference between C7 and WR1043ND)
- is it worth getting C7 beucause it has doubled RAM capacity (compared to WR1043ND)?
- C7 has a different approach to QoS (in admin layout) which I personally find much better, is there something similar in WR1043ND?
- does C7 reach better reading/writing speeds on its USB ports than older WR1043ND?

I know it is a lot to answer, but please, I would be really glad and thankful if I can get all the questions answered.

Thank you!

Cheers.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Few questions about TL-WR1043NDv4.
2018-04-11 14:31:13
wow~
try to use Iperf to test the throughput https://iperf.fr/
d
isable hardware NAT will reduce speedboost.
If we do not use bandwidth control/Qos, all the connected devices get equal bandwidth.
From the wireless aspect, C7 is powerful than TL-WR1043ND.
As you think, external antennas are much better than internal antenna.
Both of them have USB 2.0 ports, so the reading/writing speed should be not much different.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 1

Related Articles