Archer C59 bug with Chromecast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-10 20:22:13
Model : ARCHER C59

Hardware Version : V1

Hey guys. After i installed an Archer C59 at my house, my chromecast stared to misbehave. It constantly freezes, and often is not recognized as a cast device on the network (eventhough i can still ping it).

I have tried to set a DHCP reserved address, and also to force the cannel width to 20Mhz, but none of these solutions solved the problem.

Is there anything i can do to fix this? Or will i have to get a new router from another manufacturer?

There are no firmware upgrades for C59...
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C59 bug with Chromecast
2018-04-11 13:42:51
Go to DHCP client list to check whether Chromecast obtains IP address and record the MAC address.
Then, go to wireless-wireless statistics to check whether chromecast is connected according to the mac address.
If there is no chromecast info on either of them, try to reset chromecast and reconfigure it.
If there is chromecast on both lists, it means chromecast has successfully connected to the router.
Next, test whether it can be cast. Use googlecast of chorme web browser to test it.
Options
2018-04-14 03:03:51
the chromecast gets the DHCP, and it is listed as a device on the wifi.
I can even ping it!
But, very often, my apps (netflix, google home etc) simply wont recognize the cast device on the network! And also, when this happens, the wifi icon on the chromecast tv screen disappears.

I have changed the channel to 11 and 20MHz, and this seems to have improved a little. But the issue still occurs.

My chromecast always worked fine. The issue started exactly on the day i installed the C59 router.
Options
2018-04-19 03:27:34

frpseo wrote

But, very often, my apps (netflix, google home etc) simply wont recognize the cast device on the network! And also, when this happens, the wifi icon on the chromecast tv screen disappears.
why did you quote me withou any addition?
Options
2018-07-07 03:07:51
This seems to be a known bug with some routers, I just got the TL-WR941HP and I'm facing the same stupid behavior, every two days i have to restart the router in order to see the chromecast on my network, I only have one connected to the router for now, but on my previous setup i have two, I'm afraid to connect a second one to this shitty router...
Options
2018-08-25 05:41:24
Ccastro pudiste arreglarlo?
Can You fix that?
I have same router... (941hp)
Options
2018-10-20 22:07:03
I recently bought the TL-WR941HP and I have the same problem, I have to reboot every day my router in order to control chromecast and smart tv
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 899

Replies: 6

Related Articles