Problems with TP-LINK adapter TL-PA411

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-12 05:36:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, I've been experimenting some issues with this PLC adapter.

It has been working perfectly till now, but since 1 week ago the adapter stops working every day at 23:51, and I dont know when it starts working normally again. When I wake up it works normally.

As I say, at 23:51 the light in the middle stops, being the first and the third light on. Unplugging and re-pluggin the adapter doesnt fix the problem, it just fixes itself at certain hour (I dont know what hour).

On the icon of my network appears the yellow triangle.

I tried to download the software PowerLine Utility from the official web of TP-Link but it says "The local device hasn't been connected".

Please help.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Problems with TP-LINK adapter TL-PA411
2018-04-12 18:50:55
Seems like you look at a disturbance on the power lines.

Investigate whether some large electrical equipment nearby turns on or off at that exact time. Might be street lamps, a smart heating system, a late business, a neighbour's electrical car using cheap night rates to recharge, something like that.
Options
2018-04-13 06:18:44

Peter M wrote

Seems like you look at a disturbance on the power lines.

Investigate whether some large electrical equipment nearby turns on or off at that exact time. Might be street lamps, a smart heating system, a late business, a neighbour's electrical car using cheap night rates to recharge, something like that.

Oh my f* god.... Now I know what was the problem.. This was getting me mad because it didn't make sense at all. Until now I was only cheking the adapter connected to my PC but today I just went to check the aapter connected to the router and I found THIS:

My father just connected it to a timer with no intention. I almost died when I saw it hahahaha. So ridiculous
Options
2018-04-15 21:28:13
This is an incorrect use of powerline adapter. Not use extra power cord. Just plug it to wall powerline mount.
Options
2018-04-16 23:04:30
Indeed - not only do you need to remove that timer thing, you also need to plug the PLC directly into a wall socket. The length of cable on the power strip adds a big amount of signal loss and noise.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1247

Replies: 4

Related Articles