Name of network recognized is different from my home network name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-02 16:45:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
After installing the Rage Extender everything works fine but the network name is: TP-LINK_Extender_2.4GHz
instead my original network name which is: homeofhope1@gmail.com
In result, I can't connect a bulb-camera to this network because the seller informed me that a network name with the _ underline, can't be recognized.
Is there a way to have same network name as the original as the name of the Extender?
Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Re:Name of network recognized is different from my home network name
2018-05-03 16:27:16
Gernerally speaking, the name will be the same as your main router after you configure the Range extender successfully.
Try to check whether the RE is working now.
If no, you may need to reconfigure the RE to make it configured successfully.
Options
2018-05-03 21:10:06
Thanks, the RE is working since installed, but the computer recognize it with the name - TP-LINK_Extender_2.4GHz - it has maximum signal strength and the connection to the internet is OK, but I need to recognize it with same name as my router's network name - i.e. : [EMAIL="homeofhope1@gmail.com"]homeofhope1

[/EMAIL]
Options
2018-05-08 15:47:38
hey in that case, login to the RE's web UI and change the name into the same one as your main router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 3

Related Articles