Archer C900 doesn't resolve local DNS names

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-25 03:57:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have installed an Archer C900 router in our small office. It serves as internet gateway through a WAN ethernet port, DHCP server and WiFi access point. A number of devices connect to it through ethernet or wireless. Now I wanted to connect from one device to another local device through its hostname. That doesn't work because the name wasn't resolved by the DNS server. All connections through their IPv4 address work fine, but since these addresses are dynamic in nature (that's what DHCP does) using the names is the only option. I could use DHCP pinning and remember all the IP addresses, but really that's what people have done 40 years ago. Can you please tell me why the router doesn't resolve the DNS names it assigns and manages itself? Can I enable that missing option somewhere? Or will you have to provide a firmware upgrade to fix that? My home FritzBox by AVM (everybody knows and most people have one in Germany) does that just fine without asking, nobody would ever question that a router couldn't do that.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 633

Replies: 0

Related Articles