Archer MR 200 not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-26 20:14:44
Model : Archer MR200

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The last year I was using this router in 3G/4G mode and I had some issues with it. Sometimes I had to restart it because it suddenly lost his connection, but it wasn´t terrible, I just had to restart it when this happen (every half hour or something like that).Around 6 months ago I left the company which was providing me the internet connection on this router, but I kept the router as I was paying it every month. I left it in its box and now I´ve tried to use as a repeater of my wifi at home. I followed some steps to set it up and everything seem to work fine (with 5GHz, fast and stable connection), but I started having the same issue that I had last year.This wasn´t a terrible issue, as I said, but the next day when I restarted it, it doesn´t look to work at all. After a few tries, I decided to enter the IP on my internet browser (192.168.1.2 in my case) to see what was happening and, surprise, the IP had changed(?) or something like that. My PC tells me that the IP or the router is invalid(?). I reset al the router configurations by holding the wps/reset button for a few seconds when it starts, and try to configure its IP and all the stuff to make it work as a repeater and, when it restarts after changing the IP, I can´t get in it any more. Then I tried to reset it all again and I´ve ended up with no way to enter the configuration (right after reset should be 192.168.1.1, right?). Now it is like a brick, nothing wireless on it seems to work. I´m thinking of calling TPLINK support as it is on warranty.Any ideas of something else I can do?Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer MR 200 not working
2018-05-30 11:19:15
how about the LED status on the router? Or try to login with cable connection. If there is no success, it's better to contact tp support via call or email to ask for more help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 1

Related Articles