Can I use the SSID for the router as the SSID for the TP Powerline adapter network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I use the SSID for the router as the SSID for the TP Powerline adapter network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-03 23:37:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Basically the title asks the question. I would like to wander all over the house and do not want to set up new passwords for each area so can I have everything on the same SSID and password. Not very competent so need simple instructions - which I will follow.

Stadders
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can I use the SSID for the router as the SSID for the TP Powerline adapter network
2018-06-04 17:29:29
That is in fact the general idea in adding WiFi repeaters. Yes of course do you use the same SSID - and make sure you set them up to different channels such that you get good range overlap without the frequency overlap.
Options
Re:Can I use the SSID for the router as the SSID for the TP Powerline adapter network
2018-06-05 00:31:46
Thanks for that. How do I set them up with different frequencies channels individually. I have 3!

Cheers.

I look forward ro your sage advice. I really am very much a beginner at this!

STADDERS
Options
2018-06-05 19:23:16
Your router has an admin interface, and so do the WiFi-enabled PLCs. 2.4 GHz channels are at least five-wide, so if you have to arrange three, your best bet is channels 1, 6, and 13. If you're in a country where channels 12,13 are disallowed, use 1, 5 and 11.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5625

Replies: 3

Related Articles