TL-PA8030P KIT not working with mesh WIFI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-05 02:42:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,
I'm trying to get my BT Whole Home WIFI working with one of the 'Discs' connected via the TP-Link Powerline adaptors.
It looks like the TP-Link Powerlines are blocking something- maybe multicast?? If I plug in the 2 wifi heads on the same switch they work well, but once one of them is extended via the powerline it will not sync with the master head.
All I can think is that the WIFI mesh uses a protocol that is blocked/not transferred by the TP-Link Powerline adaptors.
I'm on the latest version of the code in the powerlines?

Anyone can help?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA8030P KIT not working with mesh WIFI
2018-06-05 19:21:00
Multicast capability has been quite patchy with the 8030P series. Some firmware releases had it, some didn't. I'd recommend you replace that kit with something from a vendor who cares about multicast. All I've been getting from TP-Link staff here in this forum is debate whether I really do need multicast. I do. I've been using AVM and Devolo kit (all 1200 speed grade) since.
Options
Re:TL-PA8030P KIT not working with mesh WIFI
2018-06-05 23:34:53
I spoke to the BT tech support and they test the Mesh WIFI with their own branded BT Home Plug range.
The problem is related to Multicast- they are using an unallocated range.
I don't have the time to 'wireshark' the problem.

Is there likely to be a non-UK version of the firmware which would work? I found a beta build on this forum but that still doesn't work.
Options