TL-WPA4230P Kit : Configuring wifi channel.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-05 15:48:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

At a total loss here. I use the extender to get wifi in my bedroom. The WPA4230P extender is broadcasting 2.4Ghz Wifi on channel 11. I also have neighbours on channel 11 which is a pain as it's really hampering my wifi performance. I'm trying to change the channel of my powerline extender to either 1 or 6 but can't find anything in the downloaded utility off the website that allows me to do this. I have read about a management utility online which would allow me to change the channel but cannot find a download for this. I have downloaded the tpPLC utility but this is not allowing me to change the channel used for my wifi. Unfortunately I no longer have the disk that came with the adaptors. can someone point me in the right direction.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4230P Kit : Configuring wifi channel.
2018-06-06 18:44:33
Well I managed to solve this despite my own utter incompetence lol.

Make sure you are connected to to Powerline's wifi and then access the following url.

http://tplinkplclogin.net

Both default username and password on your Powerline is set to "admin".

It really was this simple, hopefully me posting my own solution will help another in a similar situation. Quite why TP-Link couldn't actually allow the software I downloaded from their website to do this is beyond me as it doesn't really do a lot in all fairness. I'll just stick with the web browser based service as it works and actually has uses other than turning the LED lights on and off. Crazy to make such a useless TpPLC utility when this is what we need.

Rachel
Options
Re:TL-WPA4230P Kit : Configuring wifi channel.
2018-06-07 14:08:02
Very useful sharing~
perhaps you can download the tpPLC utiltiy from other PLC models on tp-link offficial website to have a try.
Anyway, you did it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 2