Powerline dropouts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline dropouts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline dropouts
Powerline dropouts
2018-06-07 14:17:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,I've got a rather annoying issue with my TP-Link TL-PA8010P (1200 Mbps) setup. The setup is as follows:Ground floor:-Powerline to router (hallway)-Powerline to a switch, which then distributes to TV, consoles, HTPC etc. (Front room)1st Floor:-Powerline to HP Microserver Gen 8 (office)-Powerline to switch, which then distributes to TV and HTPC.I can be streaming from the Microserver and all of a sudden the stream stops, but I can instantly start it again. I can be on the Xbox One X and it will just sign me out. I check the TP link software and it shows all the powerlines are communicating, but one has dropped below 50mbps (indicated by a red line between two powerlines). Most of the time the connection between the two is 290mbps.As I assumed there was an issue somewhere with the powerlines I replaced each one with brand new ones of the same model. This has not resolved the issue. I have tried the following to resolve the issue:- disabling power saving mode on the plugs.- creating a script for the server, which will constantly ping the plugs to keep them awake (this was recommended by someone on the TP Link forum).Unfortunately, neither of the aforementioned has resolved the issue.Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline dropouts
2018-06-07 19:38:05
Powerline stability is one thing, the other thing is Multicast/IGMP support. For reliable IPTV you're going to need that in all your equipment - router, switches, PLCs.
Options
Re:Powerline dropouts
2018-06-07 21:40:27
Thanks for the response. All of my equipment has this support. The material is all hosted on my home based server and shared across the internal network. It's not just media serving to the network which is affected, but online play with Xbox live.
Options