TP-Link AV500 3 port Mini Powerline Adaptor Starter Kit Model: TL-PA4030Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-12 03:59:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All, my first post - would appreciate some assistance/advise please.

I purchased the above pack of two adaptors back in 2015 and its works as it says on the box! All great.
Now I'd like to extend the coverage in other rooms within my property - namely to give laptop and iPad use in the bedrooms.

My current set up has one adaptor staring of my broadband access/router and a second one is extending the range in the living room.

So, I purchased a new starter kit - TP AV600 Powerline starter kit (model TL-PA4010 kit) - but now believe this may not be what I need.
This new starter kit may be better/newer - but its the extenders to place elsewhere in the house running off the main broadband access, is what I need as I understand it.

Or can I use these AV600 starter kit to achieve this (I would understand Id need to pair/link these to the main unit at the broadband access).

Any guidance much appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AV500 3 port Mini Powerline Adaptor Starter Kit Model: TL-PA4030Kit
2018-06-13 07:45:44
I have only just joined myself, but have been using the same kit as you started with for a couple of years. I believe you would pair the AV 600 unit with the existing adapters, then set up the wireless in it the same as you have already done with the AV 500. The base station could also be paired with the others and used in another room for wired access.Have you set up the AV 500 with the same SSID and password as the router? If so, then I suggest you would do the same with the AV 600.Do you have an air print printer that you use with your iPhones and iPads? If you have the set up as I described , I would be interested to know if your phones and pads work with the printer. Mine don’t, when they are connected via the extender, but do when moved closer to the router, and they connect to that. This may have something to do with my router which is a BT Smart Hub, known to be a bit flakey. If all you want to do is connect to the internet , then what is described above will most likely work.
Options