No wireless connection to home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-12 21:55:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi I have had the power line wireless extender for some time now and always had this problem with it, so much so that I had switched off the wireless functionality. Now I want to give it another try, but the problem persists. Basically, i have set it up with the same SSID and password as my main router, (BT Smart Hub), as using the WPS switch method did not work. I am getting internet access ok via the wireless extender and it seems to switch seamlessly between the router and extender as you move a device around the house.

However, I cannot access other devices on my home network via devices wirelessly connected to the wireless extender. Most important of these is my air print printer, which is connected wirelessly direct to the router (I think). It is certainly closer to the router than it is to the extender.

I also sometimes cannot connect to my media player which is connected to the network via wired connection into the wireless adapter. There does not seem to be a 'bridge' between the wireless extender and the wireless / wired network of the router, only a connection to the internet. I half expect the answer to be that the BT Hub is rubbish, which in many respects is true! If anyone has had a similar problem and has an answer I would be grateful if you could share it! Otherwise, i will just turn the wireless off again.

My wireless adapter is an AV500. I note that the current ones are AV600, i guess this just refers to the power line speed.
Options
2 Reply
Re:No wireless connection to home network
2018-06-13 10:32:23
How about if you connect all the devices to your router's wifi?
Can they communicate each other?

Do you mean you connect printer to AV500/600 and you can print normally?
While it can't if you connect printer to AV500/600 wirelesly?

With wireless connection, can you ping your printer successfully?
Options
Re:No wireless connection to home network
2018-06-14 07:21:42
Printer is connected to router Wi-fi. Devices connected to router Wi-fi can connect to printer. Devices connected to AV500 wi fi can not connect to printer or other network devices like media player which is connected to router via home plugs. Devices connected to AV A500wifi can get internet.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 561

Replies: 2

Related Articles