Connected with TP-LINK network, but limited connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-15 17:20:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Can somebody please help me, I've been searching for the solution for more than a week.

So I bought a TP-LINK PowerLine extender.The model no. is TL-WPA4220KIT.
I've installed the Extender correctly. The adapter is connected to the routher, which is located in my roommate's room, and the extender is placed in my room.
The TP-Link network shows up in the network list with a maximum connection but whenever I connect with or without an ethernet cable is just says limited connection with an exclamation mark. And also the password for this TP-Link network is still the same as how it is given in the package after I cloned our wifi network by pressing the WPS and wifi-clone button. I am really clueless what to do, I've tried the CD, but that didn't solved. Moreover I've resetted the extender several times and plugged everything in and out. If somebody has the wisdom and wants to take the effort to help me, you will make my day.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connected with TP-LINK network, but limited connection
2018-07-18 14:07:42
What's the status of powerline LED on both of units?

According to your description, it seems you haven't paired them successfully.

Have a look at this to pair them again.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-258.html

After you successfully paired them, refer to this FAQ to set the wireless network part manually.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-398.html

good luck...
Options