Very slow connection and it breaks up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-30 23:04:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

I have the AV600 WPA4220KIT and the TL-WA850RE and I am still struggling to have a good connection.

The apartment is fairly long and I have attached a pictorial representation of my house. It's around 65ft/20m long and the router cannot be moved.

The speed when restarting the poweline adapter is good for the first 5minutes and then shows as "no connection".

I have even added a further wifi extender to improve the connection to the bottom bedrooms but nothing.

What do you suggest please?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Very slow connection and it breaks up
2018-08-01 14:15:34
One wired poweline unit is connecting with your router, right?

The wireless TL-WPA4220 is plugged into the wall at the bottom bedrooms?

When you lose connection, are the house LED on?

If they are off, try to leave out the powerline network and repair them.
Options
Re:Very slow connection and it breaks up
2018-08-02 10:48:09

Aprilcoco wrote

One wired poweline unit is connecting with your router, right?

The wireless TL-WPA4220 is plugged into the wall at the bottom bedrooms?

When you lose connection, are the house LED on?

If they are off, try to leave out the powerline network and repair them.

Yes the powerline is connected to the router and is right next to it. The other is plugged into the wall in the middle next to the first bedroom and then I have a wifi extender (TL WA850RE) in the bottom bedrooms. I tried having it switched off to see if it would work better but it didn't.

I have tried moving the powerline [1] to the center of the house as I have another long cable and the [2] where the bottom bedroom is but it didn't work better.
The connection is very weak and keeps turning off. On my laptop when I connect it, it's great for the first minute and then shows no connection. If I turn off/on it works again for a minute. And that's with all 3 laptops we tried.

And yes the LED are ON.

Please let me know. Thanks a lot
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 2