PA9020P pair: one occasionally locks up (have to unplug to "reboot")

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-02 02:08:48
Model : TL-PA9020PKIT

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.2.4_902111_170628_901

ISP : BT Infinity (UK)

Hello all.

Had a scout around the forums and figured I'd ask here prior to contacting the manufacturer for assistance. My hardware is revision 1.0.

My kit was purchased in Feb this year and operates flawessly most of the time. After 1 month, however, one of the pair locked up, forcing me to disconnect it from the power to "reboot" it.

Today, the other half of the pair did the same. No pressing of any buttons would cure it - I had to reboot from cold.

In both instances, the devices were reasonably hot, but not so much that I couldn't touch them.

Now, my setup is as follows:

Device 1 has a Zmodo NVR (Network Video Recorder) in one TL port and my webserver in the other. The webserver isn't highly active but receives internet data every 2 hours via FTP. The NVR is streaming hidef video when requested.

Device 2 is connected to a gigabit port on my SmartHub 6 (router). The other TL adapter port isn't used as it seems to trouble my router if I connect that to it as well.

As I said, my plan is to contact TP-LINK and ask their advice. I have a 3 year warranty apparently (well, it says so on the box!) so there shouldn't be a problem getting it replaced at the retail store from whence purchased, should it come to that. From reading your forums, though, I may have to wait some time for a response from them.

BUT, although I have spare powerline adapters available, none of them are dual-port, so I'd have to dig out my ethernet switch which I don't particularly wish to do.

Any and all hints and suggestions will be gratefully received.

Regards
Steve
Options
2 Reply
Re:PA9020P pair: one occasionally locks up (have to unplug to "reboot")
2018-08-05 04:09:31
Do they have a red LED lit when they stop working? If so it's an interference issue. Try clip on inductors as per the other 9020 thread.
Options
Re:PA9020P pair: one occasionally locks up (have to unplug to "reboot")
2018-08-05 04:34:52
Thank you for your reply.

I cannot recall the state of the LEDs the first time this happened.

When the lockup occurred a few days ago, all three LEDs were green, as they are whenever I look at them.

Since I created this thread I have had no further lockups, while the data traffic remains unchanged.

At this point in time I'm thinking a heat issue, but will take a full health check if it reoccurs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 496

Replies: 2

Related Articles