My powerlines seem to be limited to 100 mbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-02 04:21:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi ! So a while ago i purchased a few tp-link powerline adapters (AV 600 TL-PA4010P (EU) V3) and it oddly seems like it cant pass 100mbs download or upload speed, Its as if its being limited and im not sure why.

This is my internet when connected to the powerline:

and this is my internet when connected directly to my router:

Utility claiming its receiving 300 + mbs even though my internet never seems to break 100 while on the powerline

Details:

I have tried it on Category 6 ethernet cables, on category 5e's, I have tried it on different computers (Gaming computers, powerful ones) and have tried different powerline adapters (same model, just different ones i have around the house), and none of them pass 100 mbs up/down.
[*]I have tried connecting, and running a speed test in different locations of the house (including being very close to the router)
[*]The internet speed does NOT fluctuate, Its really as if its limited to 100 mbs. It does not fall under 90mbs, and it does not pass ~98 mbs, no matter what computer, and where in the house, always the same result
[*]My TP-Link PLC utility claims that theres 300mbs going around but speedtest shows otherwise,
[*]i have tried different speedtests

Please help me! I appreciate it! i really dont want to try buying other powerlines in hopes of better performance and wasting money
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 0