TL-MR6400 wokrs great with wifi connection but I cannot access internet using ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-MR6400 wokrs great with wifi connection but I cannot access internet using ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-03 21:50:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,
I have configured my tp link tl mr6400 and I can access internet using an LTE connection (I'm using a mobile sim card). It works great but if I try to connect the apple tv or my desktop using the ethernet cable, it doesn't work. I can see the administration page of the router but I cannot go on internet.
I don't understand if It's a configuration problem or it doesn't work at all because it's not the right tool.
My need is to access internet, both trough wifi and ethernet, using a mobile connection, so I have bought this router but I cannot go to internet using ethernet cable.
Thanks in advance for helping me.
Best Regards,
Vito
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 wokrs great with wifi connection but I cannot access internet using ethernet
2020-02-06 10:18:56

@vitosky since nobody bothered to reply I will in case the next person wants answers: you would think it uses cable and if no connection switches to sim data but no.. IF you want to use cable and only switch to data in case cable fails like any normal human being on this planet - access interface (either with ip 192.168.1.1 or using phone app while connected to router wifi) then go to advanced and select Operation Mode.. there switch to wireless router mode. when cable connection fails switch back to 4g mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1463

Replies: 1