Cable Modem/router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cable Modem/router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cable Modem/router
Cable Modem/router
2018-08-03 23:39:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently obtained high speed cable internet and found that I must unplug power to my cable modem when switching between both my computers in order for them to obtain an IP address. One is a Dimension desktop Windows XP and the other is a Compaq laptop running windows 95 (10/100 fast ethernet card). It was suggested to me that I need to add a router to avoid having to unplug power each time when switching back and forth between computers. If this is the fix, do I have to add another cable from the router to go to the other computer or can I just keep the one line and switch back and forth. I do not intend to network the computers.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cable Modem/router
2018-08-08 17:51:39
This is because your ISP only allows one client to obtain IP address at the same time.

You just need to get a router to help you share internet.

Then, more than one client can access internet at the same time. If you do not want to add a second cable, you can just keep one and swith when you need to use.
Options
2018-08-17 11:54:40
Thanks For Solve This
Options
2018-10-27 02:00:34
This is because your ISP only allows one client to obtain IP address at the same time.

You just need to get a router to help you share internet.

Then, more than one client can access internet at the same time. If you do not want to add a second cable, you can just keep one and swith when you need to use.
puffin browser pro apk

allavsoft crack

mile 22 full movie free download
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1374

Replies: 3

Related Articles