Archer Mr200 AC 750 - Externat LTE antennas causing problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-13 20:18:22
Model : Archer MR200

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have recently bought an Archer MR200 AC 750 router, Hardware version 2.1. I am facing some problems with the download & upload speeds with the external LTE antenna's. When these antennas are connected to the router I am getting higher upload speed (20mbsp) and lower download speed (15mbsp) , but when i remove these antenna's i am getting 25mbps of download speed & 3mbps of upload speed. I've contacted the support team several times regarding the said issue, but they are not being able to explain the same or provide me a replacement antenna's. The problem is not just on devices connected through wifi, it is also on LAN connected through cable. I've already given remote access to the support team & also emailed the results of speed test to them, but still haven't got any solution from them.
Options
2 Reply
archer MR200 antenna
2018-08-20 14:08:09
The internal Antenna's are for wifi, the external are for LTE, I think that these antenna are MIMO in nature, if one is stopped working the other one must be causing the said problem. I don't have much knowledge in this field, but just a guess from what i've read over the internet.
Options
External sma connector for 4g antenna or wifi antenna
2018-08-25 17:08:22
I would like to know and to be sure that I could connect an external 4G LTE 35dBi antenna to these two connectors, I think are for 4G cause are two MIMO...

But I'm not sure cause when I connect an external 4G LTE 35dBi antenna signal is lower and not better than the original antenna

Could someone tell me that these sma connectors are for external 4G LTE antennas or WiFi external antennas?

Thanks in advance

Best
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2571

Replies: 2

Related Articles