Can the WPA4220 extend the WiFi by itself (without any other device)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-14 00:03:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,I’m looking for some help from someone who know the wpa4220 extender device. I will be so grateful if someone could help with the following doubt:I have a friend who has this wpa4220 extender device. He tells me that he’s been using this device since a lot of time ago to extend the WiFi to zones where the WiFi wouldn’t arrive. He assures that element is the unique one in place for that task.Is it possible? Is there any way to extend the WiFi using the wpa4220 as the unique element for that?I have investigated a lot about that, and all I have read, tells that the wpa4220 extender needs to be working together with another device which is connected to the router and transmits the data over the electrical installation, like the pa4010.Thank you very much in advance,Pablo
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can the WPA4220 extend the WiFi by itself (without any other device)?
2020-11-07 09:45:57

@ahmpablo@gmail You should be able to use the WPS Function of your router to clone the WiFi settings to a WPA4220 and extend your WiFi signal. Without using the Powerline function, the WPA4220 acts as WiFi extender that needs to be in range of your router WLAN signal, similar as it works with other WiFi range extenders.

Options