Archer MR200 v2 SIM connection random disappears and others oddities

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-06 18:03:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello guys,
my 3 days old MR200:
- randomly disconnect SIM (and leave on just power and wifi LEDs). This happens with another sim (Telecom) and with LTE maximum signal strength. I need to extract and re-insert the SIM and connection instantly works. BUT that's annoying and dangerous because I need this connection for security cameras.
- wifi at 1 mt has a good strength in dBm BUT doesn't let me see Youtube videos in HD resolution (LTE 40ms/25Mdown/30Mup). In the next room (beyond a thin wall) I have a HUGE drop in both 2.4 and 5GHz (-70dBm). Already tested all tricks (channels, bandwidth and so on). No luck.
- I can't set the right time on the router (even if I manually change and save it).
TP-link technical care is the worst one I ever experienced. They told me "just ask Amazon to change you the router". I said, "so it's a DOA?". They "We don't know but you can try to swap it and, if you have same issues, just return it". Me "....."
I hope in someone more skilled here. Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer MR200 v2 SIM connection random disappears and others oddities
2018-10-02 15:31:11
Hello. Agree that tp-link tech care is not very care. If your sim connection randomly disappear. Take SIM card out and stick thin tape to the backside of sim. Then reconnect it again. Now the SIM connectors pin touch surface is thighten. I had same issues. Worked for me.
Options
Re:Archer MR200 v2 SIM connection random disappears and others oddities
2018-10-03 01:40:46
Hi Tepe, thank you for the suggestion but, after last firmware update, random disconnections disappeared. In exchange, the wifi performances are now worst than before. I'm gonna return this router. It's just poorly made...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 2