Archer VR 2800 8TB HD support - needs new firmware to support larger hard drives

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR 2800 8TB HD support - needs new firmware to support larger hard drives

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-11 10:21:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an 8TB Seagate USB external drive that uses a single partition, which is definitely causing I/O conflicts with the VR 2800's USB 3 ports. Some files will read and write just fine whilst others get errors. These errors are seen via 3 different devices an Ipad, a Win 10 PC and an Android box. After a little googling and head scratching it turns out to be the 5TB limit that this model seems have, so I have 3 questions:-
1. Does anyone know if this issue will be fixed in an upcoming firmware update - as I read that the C9 has beta firmware that does fix this issue.
2. If so, does anyone have an ETA on when such firmware would be coming out.
3. Does anyone know, if there is another fix for this issue on the Archer 2800 (V1), if so I am all ears so to speak and yes I know I could re-partition the drive or install some custom firmware etc, I'd just rather not have to.

Thanks in advance.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 569

Replies: 0

Related Articles