Daisy Chain PowerLine pairs to connect multiple warehouses, yey or ney?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-15 11:57:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hi Guys

I've got a Surveillance System project for a group of warehouses in the same compound..

Each warehouse is 50-100m apart
Each warehouse is powered with 220v 2 wire system chained from a main power source for the whole compound.

I can confirm that each warehouse receives power from just a pair (2) electrical wires running through each of them coming from the power source so technically the whole property is electronically daisy changed/networked..

I do note that in each warehouse is a separate simple breaker to distribute the incoming line around the warehouse facility to power lights, fans, AC etc.

I NEED TO ESTABLISH A POE SWITCH for my cameras in each warehouse and link them back to the NVR at the first warehouse.

So is it possible to connect each of these warehouses to one network using pairs of Powerline adaptors?

It would typically look like this:

Options
4 Reply
Re:Daisy Chain PowerLine pairs to connect multiple warehouses, yey or ney?
2018-09-16 12:48:32
anyone?
Options
2018-09-20 23:15:32
Using consumer PLCs, this looks like the mother of all bad ideas to me.

Using slightly better PLCs that let you pick non-overlapping frequency ranges (very much as you would on WLAN), it might work that way. Still, 50 to 100 meters is quite a stretch for PLC, for you'll have to add the indoor wiring length to the distance between the buildings. Add the attenuation from the fuseboxes, and it'll probably have little signal strength to work with.

That said, I've done building to building with PLCs, total distance from (fusebox mounted 3-phase DIN-rail) PLC to far end PLC maybe 30 meters, including the indoor wiring. That one works stably, but is pretty marginal already. It's good enough for browsing the internet over in the guest house, but I wouldn't rely a business on it.
Options
2018-09-26 21:32:44
thanks for sharing your experience peter M. My use case is HD surveillance system, so i guess this method is out of the question. haha.
Going back to 5Ghz radios then
thanks
Options
2018-10-14 13:49:52

BrownChiLD03 wrote

thanks for sharing your experience peter M. My use case is HD surveillance system, so i guess this method is out of the question. haha.
Going back to 5Ghz radios then
thanks

Same here. Can't go wrong with 5Ghz :D
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1742

Replies: 4