Archer 7 loses the PPPoE connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-20 00:31:40
Model :
Archer c7 v5

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I start this thread because I'm going crazy, a few months ago when I installed Fibra (FFTH) I bought a C7 archer, I set up the Fiber modem in Bridge mode and the archer with the PPPoe connection and everything fine, but after about months stopped working in Bridge mode since the archer did not take the connection PPPoe, after many tests I thought it was a problem of the archer, I go to the warranty and change it after 40 days.
With the new archer I connect it to the Fiber modem configured in Bridge mode and it works perfect for a couple of days ... and again loses the connection

I have also tried to configure a PPPoe connection on my laptop connected to the Fiber modem and it works perfectly

Is there any Archer configuration in PPPe that is not doing well?

My conclusion after two router archer something does not work well when it is configured by PPPoe using as FFTH provider

Thanks.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer 7 loses the PPPoE connection
2018-10-20 23:07:06
No one have this problem ?

Thanks!
Options
2018-10-21 00:29:57
Not loses connection. When it loses connection Hardware NAT crashes. This is a general problem/bug in software. All router with V4 (and now i heard that is possibly to be on V5 too) has this problem. I reported directly to tp-link support two times via phone in my country and they confirmed the bug, but nothing changes until now regarding a new firmware in order to resolve this problem. The only solution is to disable hardware NAT, but after that your download speed will be capped around 260-270mbps...

PS - I reccomend to move to new forums. This will be closed at the end of this month and i thing no one will see our discussion...
Options
2018-10-21 02:52:01

razvan974 wrote

Not loses connection. When it loses connection Hardware NAT crashes. This is a general problem/bug in software. All router with V4 (and now i heard that is possibly to be on V5 too) has this problem. I reported directly to tp-link support two times via phone in my country and they confirmed the bug, but nothing changes until now regarding a new firmware in order to resolve this problem. The only solution is to disable hardware NAT, but after that your download speed will be capped around 260-270mbps...

PS - I reccomend to move to new forums. This will be closed at the end of this month and i thing no one will see our discussion...

Hi,
How is that NAT disabled?
Options
2018-10-21 04:24:16
In simple terms - you cannot have a normal internet acces without NAT ...
You must disable NAT boost if you want to see if the problem persist. You find this settings under Advanced - System Tools - System Parameters - NAT - Enable or disable NAT boost. Then Take out for short time the internet cable from wan port and put it back an see if works. Do an Ookla test. The test must be run until finish. If the problem persist, the test will finish with an error...

new forums link https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/3
Options
2020-07-09 03:49:54

@jicanew I was losing connection too and the router was not reconnecting automatically. All I did to solve it was to set up the DNS manually to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have not had a single disconnection since then.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1141

Replies: 5

Related Articles