AV500 2-port & AV500 nano connection issues on iMac

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-27 01:37:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all,

I have been using TPLink products for a while now but lately I have been having connectivity issues in my home network.

I have an iMac that is running Mac OSX High Sierra and also bootcamp running Windows 7 Pro.

I have a power line set ups which includes 6 x AV500 nano adapters (TL-PA4010) a couple of AV500 2-port pass through adapters (TL-PA4020PKIT) and a AC750 Dual Band wi-fi extender.

On Windows it seems less problematic but on the mac the connections does not work, hangs or is intermittent at times. But mostly it does not work at the moment. However when I unplug the ethernet cable from my machine the wifi seems to work fine.

Could this be a mac related issue, a problematic adapter, or perhaps my wiring. I am not sure which it is but my iMac is powered by one of the pass through adapters that is also providing the Lan connection. Could it be interference from this use of the pass through or from the other adapters I have close by connected to my network storage.

If you could offer any trouble shooting suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Also I am thinking of upgrading to a 600 or Gb connection - will my existing AV500 adapters still work with this?

thank you

Regards

Chris
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 0