I have internet through the powerline but no LAN access (TL-WPA4226KIT V1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-30 21:39:06
Model : TL-WPA4226KIT

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.2.8 Build 140401 Rel.49960n

ISP : vodafone

Hi,

For years I've been using a TP-Link powerline kit to extend my internet access from the basement (where the WiFi ADSL router is), to the upper floors. The internet never had any problems the kit has been working flawlessly.
However I cannot "see" or access devices on the basement's LAN (eg a Plex media server, remote desktop, Airprint) - entering my powerline's web-interface is also not possible from the upper floors.
It's as if the traffic is directed straight to the router's WAN port. Not sure if it was always like that or happened later since I never needed to access LAN devices from the upper floors.

The topology is as follows: On the basement there is one WiFi ADSL router that connects to the internet. One computer, one printer and a few WiFi phones/tablets are connecting via the router's WiFi. Another computer and the powerline are physically connected on the router's Ethernet ports. The powerline's 2nd plug-device (the AP) is upstairs and the phones/tablets occasionally roam from the basement to the upper floors (same SSID credentials)

I tried checking whether there is some client isolation taking place in the powerline, but there is no isolation enabled. All four Ethernet ports of the router are also set to Ethernet (and not IPTV/STB).
Any ideas on what to check next?

Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Re:I have internet through the powerline but no LAN access (TL-WPA4226KIT V1)
2018-12-08 20:44:23
Vodafone issue with their crappy routers. See https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/Vodafone-Home-Broadband-Vodafone-Connect/td-p/2434899/page/19
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 829

Replies: 1

Related Articles