Difference in data usage reported by router and 4G provider account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-12 19:36:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I've just started using a 4G router as my broadband connection was a nightmare.

I've got a 50Gb data allowance per month with EE and bought myself a TP-Link MR6400 router. It all works great and I'm very happy.

I've been monitoring the data usage stats and until a few days ago the usage reported by the router and my online EE account has been broadly similar.

But in the last day or two that has changed. My router reports I have approx 17Gb allowance left and my online account says 6Gb. Renews in a day or two so not worried about that.

I'm confused as shouldn't they roughly be the same?

The router was set up on the first day of my monthly allowance so it's nothing to do with the data allowance being reset - as I said I'm only in the first month.

All the data goes through the router so the type and number of connected devices shouldn't matter?

Any clues? What is EE counting that my router isn't?

My only thought is I have a network drive attached to the router which I use for work and to play music and films - but NONE of that data goes through the EE network so can't be that can it?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Difference in data usage reported by router and 4G provider account
2019-08-23 09:03:45

Same issue here with MR200 and Iliad provider (Italy).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 639

Replies: 1