TL-WPA8630P Overzicht Slow Lan-speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-18 16:55:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear all,

I've bought this unit for my game-PC. Near to my router from the provider i plugged the unit in, and upstairs (one floor up) the other unit is plugged in near my PC. I use CAT-6 cables everywhere. The speed directly from the router is +- 240Mbs. (WLAN and LAN) but on my PC, which is capable to do 1 Gbit/s, I only get 60Mbs Max. Is this normal? I feel a little disappointed by the advertising of this product..

Thanks for an explanation or help!

Christophe

[*]
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P Overzicht Slow Lan-speed
2018-12-08 21:25:08
Typical throughput on these is 100-200Mbps so yours is on the low side but it depends on distance, wiring quality and interference. Make sure you plug directly into wall sockets and don't use extension leads. Try them in the same room and see what you get. Common interference sources are switch mode power supplies (such as mobile phone chargers). I improved performance measurably by putting all my mains adaptors, TVs, Xbox, etc into multi gang adaptors and then fitting the power leads to those with clip on ferrite inductors / interference filters from Amazon.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 893

Replies: 1

Related Articles