Deco P7 power adapters orange light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-25 05:41:29 - last edited 2020-02-19 05:49:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Recently I saw that de power adapter lights from my P7 units are orange. After installation they were green.
I can not find the meaning of the adapter light color anywhere.

What does this mean?

The units are working fine, although the max. speed seems to be slower than in the beginning (after installation).
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P7 power adapters orange light-Solution
2019-04-01 02:16:14 - last edited 2020-02-19 05:49:51

Hi all.

Please refer to the info below:

If it is orange, that means that the powerline backhaul does not take effect, you can change another socket to plug it.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
15 Reply
Re:Deco P7 power adapters orange light
2018-10-30 22:54:08
Simple question: still waiting for a simple answer....
Options
Re:Re:Deco P7 power adapters orange light
2019-01-17 21:03:06

I think the LED shows the status of the powerline connection. Oragne means no connection, green means there is a connection.

All of my P7 deco sometimes show a orange LED, somtimes green, sometimes two units show a green LED and one an orange LED. It is totally random.

Mybe there is a conflict between the power adaptors of my P7s and the other powerline devices from TP Link I run at my home. Who knows. Nothing is well documented and no answer from TP-Link support ether. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco P7 power adapters orange light
2019-03-29 09:47:09

I would also like to know this as well as my Deco P7's change their power supply colours,

Options
Re:Deco P7 power adapters orange light-Solution
2019-04-01 02:16:14 - last edited 2020-02-19 05:49:51

Hi all.

Please refer to the info below:

If it is orange, that means that the powerline backhaul does not take effect, you can change another socket to plug it.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-04-01 07:32:53

so, Orange = Red ?

Options
2019-04-02 06:40:50

It can be said that the connection speed is not good, and suggest to change another socket to plug it. 

myfvh wrote

so, Orange = Red ?

Options
2019-04-06 22:13:48

Hi Kevin,

thanks for this description.

I've two more questions in addition with my p7 deco's powerline:;

1.) working in ap mode and being connected via lan cable, the powerline network plug of p7 sometimes shows green, sometimes orange (it's not red). Does this mean anything? 

2.) I'm into colors, I'd swear the deco shows red (not connected), orange (<50mbps), light green (>50 < x ) and dark green. Can you confirm this?

3.) Can you give some further information for powerline being activated or used? Is there a certain data rate at which it switches on?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

M.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco P7 power adapters orange light
2019-04-09 02:35:53

flashofmyflesh wrote

Hi Kevin,

thanks for this description.

I've two more questions in addition with my p7 deco's powerline:;

1.) working in ap mode and being connected via lan cable, the powerline network plug of p7 sometimes shows green, sometimes orange (it's not red). Does this mean anything? 

2.) I'm into colors, I'd swear the deco shows red (not connected), orange (<50mbps), light green (>50 < x ) and dark green. Can you confirm this?

3.) Can you give some further information for powerline being activated or used? Is there a certain data rate at which it switches on?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

M.

Hi,

We confirmed with our engineer, regarding to the color, there are solid red and solid green; 

Meanwhile, after the initial setup, once the led on the power adapter came on, the powerline function will be activated; while there is no method to verify the exact data rate yet. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco P7 power adapters orange light
2019-04-11 18:44:11

thx a lot !

So meanwhile three (one ist the main deco for sure) of my six decos are connected with a lan cable to the main switch and three are running over wifi/powerline. 

The main deco's powerline led always stays green, the other two lan connected deco's will always turn off powerline and switch back on (to green) when the lan cable is pulled.

The wifi ones always show a green led at their powerline adapter. 

I replugged the lan connected decos several times, deco boots up, turns mintgreen, powerline's green and turns orange. 

The whole system works great so I think it's supposed to turn off powerline (to orange) as soon as a gigabit connection is linked up (in ap mode). Could you please check that point with your engineers? I just want to know if this is ok :)

Thanks again in advance

Options
2019-09-05 01:13:48
I have the same problem The main Deco adapter remains orange. I plugged it into a different outmet and for a minute it was green. The, unfortunately orange again. I wonder if my ethernet cable is the culprit. Its a Cat e5, but longer then the one wchich came with the unit.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6894

Replies: 15

Related Articles