WR841ND wds configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WR841ND wds configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:WR841ND wds configuration
2013-01-10 16:36:10
The same here.. and I bought this router only for that..
Options
Re:WR841ND wds configuration
2013-01-13 12:56:22
I had the same problem until I enabled UPnP on both AP and Bridge. Also, I disabled SPI, don't know if this helped. Works great now two TL-WR841N's both v8.2, firmware 120802 one as AP the other as Bridge.
Options
Got Ethernet Working with WDS!!!
2014-01-23 10:13:47
So, here is what I did to enable ethernet connections with WDS.

1. Reset router to factory settings and connect only your wired computer via ethernet cable (no need to connect to the modem since you are using WDS)
2. Insert CD and click easy setup assistant
3. Let the assistant enable the network adapter
4. Check that your ethernet connection has a Default Gateway in your Network Connection Details
5. Once easy setup assistant says the network adapter is enabled, exit the wizard without finishing.
5. Connect to the router's IP (same IP as default gateway) to configure and set up WDS as noted in the user manual (Enable WDS, fill out SSID of AP, disable DHCP)
If you want to setup wireless security, and a new SSID for the TP Link router, do it now, before you reboot.

6. Reboot.
7. Try connecting via ethernet.

This worked for me. Before I tried using the CD, I could not connect to the network via ethernet. Only wireless. The wireless worked great, but the network did not identify properly when connected over ethernet.

If you have a question, or my instructions make no sense... reply or PM me.

Alex
Options
Related Articles