Help: cannot use web based management utility to configure wireless units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-19 22:32:42
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Bought two WPA-281 units to work in tandem to increase my home wireless footprint (had used a single Devolo unit previously), together with PA211 homeplug.

I can see both wireless units listed in the PA211 utility.

My iPhone and iPad can see both wireless units and connect to these when moving in and out of their respective ranges.

I succeeded at getting one of my Airport Express units to connect with one WPA281 but only temporarily and then the connection was lost.

The problem: no matter how hard I try I cannot open the WPA281 web based utility and therefore cannot set up the units e.g. to name the same SSID,
different channels (security not an issue where I live), etc. I cannot log in via the URL, 192.168.1.1. - it times out - and when I try to do, run/cmd/ping this address it times
out as well. This is making use of the units impossible for me. :(
Options
3 Reply
Re:Help: cannot use web based management utility to configure wireless units
2012-11-20 14:06:10
The utility is only for Windows computer. please refer to this link to log into the configuration page: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=398
If you have a MAC computer, you need to assign a static IP before you log in.
Options
2012-11-20 17:46:35
Thanks. I am using WIndows XP. Unit connected directly to PC with an ethernet cable. The utility does not pick up or display anything in the window as per Step 2 in the
link you posted.
Options
2012-11-26 10:45:59
Hi, Expat. When I tried to configure the wireless TL-WPA281 by the Utility, it can not scan the TL-WPA281. Nothing appeared on this page.So i googled the answers and then get some ideas about this make it work with me. Try the following:
1. Uninstall the third party antivirus software or firewalls that will blocks the Web interface or the Utility.
2. Turn off TL-PA211 that is connected to the router and connect the computer to TL-WPA281 by an Ethernet cable.
3. On windows XP, go to Start-->Control panel-->Network connections-->Local area connections-->Properties-->Internet protocol TCP/IP double click on it-->Use the following IP address-->Ip address:192.168. 1.100, Subnet mask:255.255.255.0. Click ok and OK again.
4. After you successfully set a static IP address on your computer, go to the browser and then type in 192.168.1.1. Then here we go, get the TP-LINK page.
Sometimes the page will block by the settings or software on computer.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 638

Replies: 3