Powerline mutiple signals?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-27 21:25:15 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:29:56

Hi all

I am probably not going to explain this very well but here goes.

I have a virging hub 3 which i have put in Modem mode and connected an AC1750 to act as a wifi router and it works fine, the only downside if the Wifi Signal is a bit stunted due to its position (in a corner behind a huge TV) so i want to move it.

I already use a powerline from the router to a WiFi brodcaster upstairs but this runs on 2.4Ghz and i want to use the 5Ghz upstairs, it hardly reaches from the router due to the bad positioning.

So the question.

If i move the router upstairs (so i can take advantage of the ethernet on the back) then put a range extender downstairs wil lthe signals interfere on the electrical circuit.

As i will have Modem into Powerline to transfer signal to Router

Then signal going back from Router into Pwerline (via same ethernet) to hopefully be picked up and bradcast by the range extender.

I cant think of any other way to get the router into a better position to broadcast (Modem cant be moved)

Any advice appreciated.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline mutiple signals?
2018-08-28 07:46:34 - last edited 2021-04-20 11:29:56

Hi Drizzit:

Although this is SMB Product Community, But I think we can discuss little case about Soho Product.cheeky

As you said, you have Modem, AC1750, RE and PLC, is it right?  You want to cover your two floors via these device.

In my opinion, if you have oneWirless PLC+ two wired PLC,  your problem will be solved.

One Floor: Modem----AC1750-----Wired PLC------Other  Wireless PLC1(Enhace Wilress signal)

Two Floor:  Wireless PLC2------RE Product(If the signal is not better,RE work in AP mode, connect to PLC via Ethernet cable)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 1

Related Articles