Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150

Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150
2018-12-13 07:59:52

Hello,

I recently purchased an Archer AC3150 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router, and am very happy with it's performance, ease of use, customisation and software. 

I have plenty of wireless devices in my household, and prefer to set and reserve IP addresses to specific devices/MAC addresses. However, I noticed there is a 32 device number limit (or four pages of 8 devices ie. 4 x 8) for reserving IP addresses. 

When I tried to add the 33th reserved IP address (or device no.1 in page 5), this error message appears: "Error Code: 9812. The number of entries have reached its limit."

I would like to ask the developer(s) to increase the number of IP address reservation entries and increase the limit to at least 80 devices.

Thank you.

Options
6 Replies
Re:Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150
2019-04-23 20:11:38
I'm with caffeine here, I can't believe there is such a small limit. I like to have all my known devices setup (around 60). Why on earth have such a small limit, it's like being back in the 90's
Options
Re:Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150
2019-04-24 03:03:08

Hi,

There can be 32 entries existed under address reservation, and we will forward it to our R&D colleagues and they can work on it. 

You can keep an eye on the offiical website for updates or contact us. 

Good day. 

caffeine wrote

Hello,

I recently purchased an Archer AC3150 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router, and am very happy with it's performance, ease of use, customisation and software. 

I have plenty of wireless devices in my household, and prefer to set and reserve IP addresses to specific devices/MAC addresses. However, I noticed there is a 32 device number limit (or four pages of 8 devices ie. 4 x 8) for reserving IP addresses. 

When I tried to add the 33th reserved IP address (or device no.1 in page 5), this error message appears: "Error Code: 9812. The number of entries have reached its limit."

I would like to ask the developer(s) to increase the number of IP address reservation entries and increase the limit to at least 80 devices.

Thank you.

Options
Re:Re:Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150
2019-04-24 03:03:45

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here, per I said,  we will forward it to our R&D colleagues and they can work on it. 

You can keep an eye on the offiical website for updates or contact us. 

Good day. 

JaffaBoy wrote

I'm with caffeine here, I can't believe there is such a small limit. I like to have all my known devices setup (around 60). Why on earth have such a small limit, it's like being back in the 90's

Options
Re:Re:Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150
2020-02-02 09:09:10
Ditto. Why have such a small limit? Please increase it. For me I have a 740 and an 841 and they also both have a 32 entry limit. Please increase those too. I can only hope the Archer A6 has a larger limit but somehow I now doubt that it will.
Options
2020-03-26 05:57:46

Ditto.

I have a TP-Link ArcherC9 - v1

Unbelievable that I reached a maximum of a ridiculous low number of 32 reservations.

Please increase this number to at least a minimum of 100 possible reservations.

With the increasing amount of IoT devices this limit of 32 is a serious issue!!!

Options
2020-10-04 02:26:18

@Kevin_Z Nothing yet? 
I can´t do more than 32 reservations? 

And, please, add more configurations on web interface. 

Options