Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-13 07:59:52

Hello,

I recently purchased an Archer AC3150 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router, and am very happy with it's performance, ease of use, customisation and software. 

I have plenty of wireless devices in my household, and prefer to set and reserve IP addresses to specific devices/MAC addresses. However, I noticed there is a 32 device number limit (or four pages of 8 devices ie. 4 x 8) for reserving IP addresses. 

When I tried to add the 33th reserved IP address (or device no.1 in page 5), this error message appears: "Error Code: 9812. The number of entries have reached its limit."

I would like to ask the developer(s) to increase the number of IP address reservation entries and increase the limit to at least 80 devices.

Thank you.

Options
12 Reply
Re:Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150
2019-04-23 20:11:38
I'm with caffeine here, I can't believe there is such a small limit. I like to have all my known devices setup (around 60). Why on earth have such a small limit, it's like being back in the 90's
Options
Re:Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150
2019-04-24 03:03:08

Hi,

There can be 32 entries existed under address reservation, and we will forward it to our R&D colleagues and they can work on it. 

You can keep an eye on the offiical website for updates or contact us. 

Good day. 

caffeine wrote

Hello,

I recently purchased an Archer AC3150 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router, and am very happy with it's performance, ease of use, customisation and software. 

I have plenty of wireless devices in my household, and prefer to set and reserve IP addresses to specific devices/MAC addresses. However, I noticed there is a 32 device number limit (or four pages of 8 devices ie. 4 x 8) for reserving IP addresses. 

When I tried to add the 33th reserved IP address (or device no.1 in page 5), this error message appears: "Error Code: 9812. The number of entries have reached its limit."

I would like to ask the developer(s) to increase the number of IP address reservation entries and increase the limit to at least 80 devices.

Thank you.

Options
Re:Re:Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150
2019-04-24 03:03:45

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here, per I said,  we will forward it to our R&D colleagues and they can work on it. 

You can keep an eye on the offiical website for updates or contact us. 

Good day. 

JaffaBoy wrote

I'm with caffeine here, I can't believe there is such a small limit. I like to have all my known devices setup (around 60). Why on earth have such a small limit, it's like being back in the 90's

Options
Re:Re:Developers: Please increase the DHCP Server Address Reservation Limit on Archer AC3150
2020-02-02 09:09:10
Ditto. Why have such a small limit? Please increase it. For me I have a 740 and an 841 and they also both have a 32 entry limit. Please increase those too. I can only hope the Archer A6 has a larger limit but somehow I now doubt that it will.
Options
2020-03-26 05:57:46

Ditto.

I have a TP-Link ArcherC9 - v1

Unbelievable that I reached a maximum of a ridiculous low number of 32 reservations.

Please increase this number to at least a minimum of 100 possible reservations.

With the increasing amount of IoT devices this limit of 32 is a serious issue!!!

Options
2020-10-04 02:26:18

@Kevin_Z Nothing yet? 
I can´t do more than 32 reservations? 

And, please, add more configurations on web interface. 

Options
2020-12-31 21:36:46

@caffeine 

I have a AX50 with a limit of 64 address reservations. With so much automation in my house, I have hit the limit. Please at least double it.

Options
2021-01-09 18:56:01

@caffeine It's been a couple years and NOTHING from TP-Link?  Add me to the 32 reservation frustration.  I have the Archer C2300.  Beautiful performing router.  Who decided on such a weak limit of 32 reservations?  This really paints me into a corner.  More than 32 is a must for myself.  Great product but something this simple will  likely force me into another manufacturer.  Why haven't the developers addressed this a firmware update?

Options
2021-01-27 14:43:49

Any progress on a firmware fix for this?  It's very typical to have 50 or more iOT devices, and important for many of these to limit their outgoing internet access, most easily done with a static IP.  TP-LINK, please provide a fix or at least update this thread with the plans for increasing this low limit!

Options
2021-02-04 00:52:57

This thread appears to have started in December 2018.  It didn't get an initial response until April 2019 and that  response didn't confirm whether or not this was going to get a fix and when.  That was nearly 2 whole years ago and despite many frustrated customers adding similar comments in the interim, there is still no news of a fix?

I have an Archer VR2100 and like most here, I am otherwise very happy with it, but the 32 limit on address reservations is utterly, utterly inadequate.  

I can't think what you can be working on that is preventing you from releasing a fix for this, it really is woeful and making me consider binning my router altogether.  I have never hit this issue with other routers and I can't believe it is commonplace with routers supplied by your competitors.

Like most people these days I have a lot of devices in the home that require internet access either wired or wirelessly and some of these devices have the flexibility to do both.  In total I have around 90 MAC addresses that I would like to reserve IP addresses for.  

Maybe most customers  don't bother with this but perversely, the more devices one has bouncing up and down on the network, the more likely IP conflict errors are and address reservation solves that problem.  Personally I would agree that 128 sounds like a more reasonable upper limit at this point in the 21st Century.

Another smaller annoyance is that this limit also applies in other areas including security features like MAC binding and the Access Control white list.  

Come on guys, when are you going to give this the attention it deserves and release a fix?!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 4790

Replies: 12