My TD-W8968 has begun to freeze up. It starts with the webb interface being unavail..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My TD-W8968 has begun to freeze up. It starts with the webb interface being unavail..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
27 Reply
Re:My TD-W8968 has begun to freeze up. It starts with the webb interface being unavail..
2013-05-17 07:12:31

flop_go wrote

I replaced the power supply to a 2A, I hope it works. Thanks.

It doesnot work, I`ve try with many power supply(1A, 2A, 5A)
RMA says that I should enable smth in wireless options. But I do not have this options and I totally sure that it is not a solution.

I changed the power supply when I posted the message above and since then it hasn't frozen anymore. I didn't understand why but it worked for me.
Thanks bovirus!
Options
Solution!!!!!
2013-05-22 16:41:44
I think I've found how to solve the freezes when using torrent via ADSL. We should set up 2 connections using quick setup
One of them will be bridge - we will make a connection on PC where we will using torrent without getting router down
Another one is ordinary like we set up before - for other devices. With this settings there is NO FREEZES at ALL
My Router work for all day and torrents downloading with no problems.

I found some minuses just @fromthebox@-
1- We can use torrent on other devices but it will stop the router like before.
2-You need to setup local network again - as for me there is new IP address (before it was .103 then it stand .193) for LAN PC
3-i do not know is it bad or nothing that i set loggin and pass in pc and router at the same time.
4- do not actually know, but i think that most priority will be for torrent.

Sorry for bad English.

UPDATED:
Torrents Works FINE both for PC via LAN1 and NOTEBOOK via WIFI, There is no problems at all NOW.
I am Using original power supply and TD-W8968_V1_130217 firmware.
Downloading all over a day with no freezes, restarts or whatever - priority is working like before.
Options
Re:My TD-W8968 has begun to freeze up. It starts with the webb interface being unavail..
2013-06-12 00:10:26
Even I'm facing problem with WiFi on my W8968 (Firmware : TD-W8968v1_0.6.0_0.4_up(130217).bin ),
0. Bootup router with all correct cables connected.
1. WiFi goes down after 2-3 mins after bootup/(1-2 devices connected at that time), WiFi on my laptop works for 1-2 mins at max after bootup then unable to find SSID (& WiFi LED OFF)
2. Unable to connect to WiFi AP. (WiFi LED on router is "OFF" mostly but I've seen it "ON" 2-3 times as well)
3. But able to browse internet via LAN Cable. So its some issue with WiFi (software or hadware)
4. Tried setting specific channels (3/6/9/11) and Bandwidth (20 MHz) - but it didn't help
5. Also randomly I see router completely frozen (i.e unable to access 192.168.1.1 via LAN cable as well)

I'm unable to resolve this issue, so I need help in here. Support highly appreciated.
Options
2013-06-12 14:40:29
Try to make a simple test if you have another power supply (12V DC 1.5A - important 1.5A).

We had some similar problems in Italy and we fixed it with a power supply with more current (1.5A) than original (1A)
Options
2013-07-13 15:46:15
Finally I got mine replaced with a new one from TP-Link as it was under warranty, and new one is working fine(fingers-crossed) for one week now.
Options
This problem is really irritating...
2014-01-11 21:41:59
Has anybody found any solution to this issue? This is really growing on my nerves. Should we go for a RMA?
Options
Solution
2014-02-20 02:57:19
Hi friends!

I've found the solution for freezes on W8968!
1. Update the W8968 with lastest firmware TD-W8968_V1_131226.
2. In WAN Settings set value 0 in option "Echo request interval" and uncheck the others options in "Advanced".

3. In DSL Settings uncheck the options "Enable Bit Swap" and "Enable SRA"

After these settings I had no more problems with downloads or torrents on the router crashes.

Hope this helps!
Options
Related Articles