My WR741ND does not route between local LAN and the Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-01 19:53:59
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR741ND

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 3.13.12

ISP : Triple C

Hello,
I'm trying to set up my new WR741ND router to replace the old WR541G with excctly the same cabling,ISP account etc.
All seem to be working i.e. I get the PPPoE connection against the ISP and cat ping by name to Internet addresses from THE ROUTER.
Also I get DHCP handing out addresses both to my desktop connection by Ethernet cable and to my laptop via Wifi.
And the computers may ping the router and also connect its admin GUI.However,the computers stop at the router and can't go further.
All they can go is to the router as if it doesn't route between LAN and WAN.
With the 541 router everything works and as I said it has the same setup (very basic,no static routes or anything too smart).
Any ideas?

TIA,Drory
Options
4 Reply
Re:My WR741ND does not route between local LAN and the Internet
2012-12-04 08:07:29
Hi, Drory,
Could it be DNS problem? It seems all connections are well expect the Website. Maybe the router just can not handle the DNS to a website, you can try to change the DNS server on the TP-LINK.
Options
Solved by firmware upgrade(?)
2012-12-04 12:17:02
Thanks for any answers.
I downloaded and installed the latest firmware founf on TP-link site (IMO lower than what I had so actually I downgraded).
Now things work.Looks like a major bug with the preinstalled firmware.
Options
2012-12-04 18:04:08
Maybe. Or maybe just reset works.
Options
2012-12-05 10:32:24
Good news. Reflashing firmware sometimes can resolve all kinds of problem that the theory can not resolve.;)
Options