Archer MR200 with Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-07 21:12:07

I have an Archer MR200, which at window sill receives a signal strength of around 25% sometimes 50% which gives a download speed of around 10mbit/s.  Up in the loft space it gets around 50% and speeds between 20-30mbit/s.  In the loft it is a hit or miss if the signal from the router is strong enough to pass through to all the rooms at ground level.

If I connected the router, in the loft, with an ethernet cable to a range extender in the living space will it work?  Alternative suggestions also welcome.

Thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer MR200 with Range Extender
2019-01-07 21:49:59

Hey! I use an external antenna for my MR200 that I have placed on the roof of my house. The router is located high and near the antenna, and from the router I have a network cable to the middle of the house where I have added a wifi router with range across the house. If you want to make the signal stronger or improve the up / down speed, this is a good solution. Just keep in mind: longer antenna cable = poorer antenna efficiency. Therefore, it is better to have the antenna close to the MR200 and then use the network cable, and if you need: another router in another location.

Another thing I want you to know is that there are different types of antennas. The right antenna for you depends on the distance to the beacon and the type of singles it allows. E.g. higher MHz in larger cities and lower on contryside.

Options
Re:Archer MR200 with Range Extender
2019-01-07 21:57:50
To answer your question: Yes it works, but ping (ms) may be a little longer. And there is better solution what can improve your speed for the better. I recommend that you find out some more alternative solutions before you decide.
Options