Best setup: TP-Link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-08 07:39:54 - last edited 2019-01-09 19:12:12

I'm setting up a brand new home network with gigabit internet from my ISP. I've narrowed my equipment down to a few choices, but would like some advice as to whether one of these options is significantly better than the other. Also, I'd like to know how important it is to use all equipment from the same company.

Anyway, here's my setup:

Modem - Netgear CM1000

Basically set on this for a modem, unless anyone has strong opinions against it. My ISP only supports this and a few Arris models for gigabit internet.

Router - Netgear Nighthawk R7000P (AC2300) or TP-Link Archer C2300 or TP-Link Archer C3150

The decision here is twofold. First, is the faster AC3150 worth it? If so, the Archer C3150 is the obvious choice. If not, what's better between the Archer C2300 and Nighthawk AC2300? Keep in mind this will be used with the Netgear CM1000 modem.

Access Points (2 of them) - Netgear WAC510 or TP-Link EAP225 V3

These both have about the same speeds, and from what I can tell both support MU-MIMO. Is one significantly better than the other in terms of ease of use or reliability? If I go with a TP-Link router, should I default to the TP-Link AP (likewise for the Netgear options)?

Any help is much appreciated! I'm in a little over my head with all of this.

free full movies unblocked http://www.movieseriesworld.com/forums/index.php

Options
1 Reply
Re:Best setup: TP-Link
2019-01-09 09:28:32

I think the point is what you really need in those routers. 

For example, if you think speed or one feature is very important, then you compare two brands in that perspectives. They have datasheet or spec on the website. May go through it to see if you find anything that will surprise you and help you make the desicion. 

It is not necessary to use tplink AP with tplink router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 796

Replies: 1

Related Articles