Printer connected to server PC connected to switch to wifi modem (can't print from wifi)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Printer connected to server PC connected to switch to wifi modem (can't print from wifi)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-21 02:53:54

Hello I'm having a hard time to print from my laptop which is connected via wifi to my server pc where my printer is connected. My network set up is i have 1 wifi PLDT fibr router with 1 available lan slot, and connected to that Lan slot is the TL-SF1008D (unmanaged switch). Connected to that switch is 1 pc, 1 CCTV DVR, and 1 server pc (where my printer is connected). I can't manage to discover the printer (from the server pc) from my laptop from devices and printers (network) please do help.. 

thanks!!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Printer connected to server PC connected to switch to wifi modem (can't print from wifi)
2019-01-23 11:04:49

It looks like your network diagram issue, like the router which provide the wireless network is not in the same network with the server PC, because from your describe, there is no device which can provide wifi.

Options
Re:Printer connected to server PC connected to switch to wifi modem (can't print from wifi)
2019-04-10 02:40:52 - last edited 2019-04-10 05:09:24

I have the same problem, my server pc is connected to TP link TL-SF1008D which is connected to a globe router modem and 3 other pcs and 1 dvr, the file and printer sharing as well as local access to the cctv is working if the device is connected to the said switch, however if i use the wireless and wired connection from the globe router modem, the local sharing and is not working, as if the switch is like a whole different network and not part of the same network as the globe, please help

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1281

Replies: 2