TL-WD2543ND router settings for Smarbro Wimax

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-04 14:02:13
Region : Philippines

Model : TL-WR2543ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Smartbro WiMax

I'm Smartbro Canopy 999 subsciber and I"m using the router TL-WR2543ND, I have pesonally configured the router myself, I'm no that good in computer but I managed to do so. I never had difficulty doing it.
I have decided to switch to Smartbro Wimax and tried to connect it to my tp-link router but no luck. I browsed the net for possible instructions to do it but just frustrates me. I have changed the IP address of the
router to avoid conflict, cloned the MAC address, still unable to connect the router. Anyone can help with this is highly appreciated.
Options
9 Reply
Re:TL-WD2543ND router settings for Smarbro Wimax
2012-12-04 16:22:14
It must be frustrating. Did you ever try PPPoE on the router?
With a DSL modem in bridge, you may try it. :)
Options
2012-12-05 07:34:07
Thank you for the response. I didn't try PPPoE, I've contacted the help support of my ISP and I was told that other members connected their internet through by choosing "Dynamic IP" settings.
May I have a detailed instruction on your suggestion please. I really appreciate your help Vivian.
Options
2012-12-05 08:46:06
hi, have you tried to connect your computer directly to the Smartbro Wimax?
Options
2012-12-05 18:27:50
Hi Joyce, my connection is Smartbro Wimax outdoor. The thing is, I would like to connect my wireless devices to it. Any ideas?
Options
2012-12-05 18:29:04
I mean connect and share my connection to my wireless devices using a router. Please give me an idea on how to do it.
Options
2012-12-06 09:24:50
I guess you may want the router to connect to the wireless internet access of Smartbro WiMax, and sharing the internet with the router. Am I right?
As far as I know, it should be called WISP or AP client router.
Options
2012-12-09 09:54:20
I apologise for the delayed response. Yes, you're right Joyce. I want to utilize the connection and share it to my wireless devices. BTW, my connection is a Smartbro Wimax outdoor. It differs from the Wimax you're thinking. I wont be able to make my router an Access point or a repeater. Upon composing this, I still cant do it.
Options
2012-12-10 19:41:49

newbie_ph wrote

I apologise for the delayed response. Yes, you're right Joyce. I want to utilize the connection and share it to my wireless devices. BTW, my connection is a Smartbro Wimax outdoor. It differs from the Wimax you're thinking. I wont be able to make my router an Access point or a repeater. Upon composing this, I still cant do it.

If Joice is right, then your purchasement is wrong. As i know, TL-WR2543ND has no such function.
Options
2013-01-01 15:58:10

newbie_ph wrote

If you have a cable access to the outdoor Wimax the instructions are easy (connect the cable to the WAN port of WR2543ND , set the IP differ from the WiMAX "if WiMAX is 192.168.1.1 set the router to 192.168.0.1 and in the network->WAN choose DynamicIP and that's ALL") but if you are able to connect only by wireless adapters you should buy an AP client Router device like TL-WR743ND.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 849

Replies: 9

Related Articles