Soundtrouble after instaling Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-26 20:16:15

I have two JBL link10 speakers. Booth worked fine until yesterday when i installed a Deco M9 system. Now theres a disturbing cracking sound when i listen to music (Spotify) like if the speakers were broken. Its not a constant sound but it comes and goes. Anyone who knows what causes it?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Soundtrouble after instaling Deco M9
2019-01-29 09:56:04

How many Deco units do you have and where do you locate the two speakers?

Try to set QoS level as Standard and cancel high priority on any client device. Then check if it will optimize the performance.

Options
2020-01-02 09:08:11

@Starsan 

Have the same issue  - popping and other disturbing noises when connected to M9 system BUT when changeing to connect to TV router/AP which is a Netgear the popping stopped, even when having the two JBL Link 20 grouped.

Sooo it must be a Tp-link problem!

I tried, as others, many different settings before tried this, connecting to Netgear instead, without any luck

Options
2020-01-03 06:50:19

@Magnuros 

Hello, try to disabel fast roaming and set QoS application priority as standarad and clear all the high priority items. 

Besides, you can simplify the network diagram, in other word, with JBL--Main Deco M9 plus--ISP modem only, please test whether it works well.

If still the same, please shot a short video and send it to us.

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-25 17:59:07

@Kevin_Z 

With all respect Kevin, you have suggested this is serveral threads/answers, both before and after this thread started- it is obviously NOT working.

It must be very easy for you to recreate this problem/situation since it is very similar for all users.

Please try to find a solution to this.

Options
2020-04-23 05:28:51 - last edited 2020-04-23 21:25:14

Same issue and have tried all suggestions. The only thing working is switching back to the old network. Are you working on this or should I return my m9 and go for another brand? (will do in 10 days if no solution is available) Best regards Johan

Options
2020-04-29 05:27:19 - last edited 2020-07-13 07:21:18

0046247 wrote

Same issue and have tried all suggestions. The only thing working is switching back to the old network. Are you working on this or should I return my m9 and go for another brand? (will do in 10 days if no solution is available) Best regards Johan

@TP-Link Deco @Kevin_Z 

Any news on above?

[M9:s returned, bought Google Nest instead and the cracking sound is gone]

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1351

Replies: 6

Related Articles