Change wifi channel on Deco M9

Change wifi channel on Deco M9

384 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2022-02-14 17:30:42

@TP-Link_Deco 

So, This "accepted solution" is not really a solution...

Over a year old and the "developers" do not know what they are doing.

We all know that the Auto-select you have come up with is crap

if it was not, this thread would not be here!!!!

Options
2022-02-14 23:23:24

Can not believe this is not fixed yet, in 2019 they said ™℠®©SOON 

Options
2022-02-15 00:29:53 - last edited 2022-02-15 00:30:32

@Whos_On_1st 

No fix in sight. The CPU and Memory are inadequate to support the current features. Taxing the CPU causes delays in routing and limits throughput. 

TPlinks development efforts are focused on the X20 & X60 systems now. 

Options
2022-02-15 07:43:38

@Hami 

As I cannot change the channel or fix the issue with your automatically channel change function, I decided to sell my Deco M9 Plus (3 packs) and buy something else.
I'm disappointment of TP-Link. 
This  Deco M9 Plus (3 packs) is the first equipment from TP-Link with this kind of issues. I never expected to have such problems with TP-Link equipment as the old equipments that I had from TP-Link worked perfectly.

And I'm disappointment to see that you have a problem from such long time and you are not doing anything to solve it.

I will never again buy TP-Link from now on.

And for the rest of the users that are still heaving problems with TP-Link equipments, I hope you will have some luck to fix the issue in the near future.

Options
2022-02-16 05:24:31

I am suffering from wifi channel and this is very long journey of problem. for 3 years tp-link did not fix it. the best way to resolve this problems is to say good bye and choose other brand. 

Options
2022-02-21 14:16:48

Im planning to buy tp link deco but found out my neighboors also uses decos. They had a bad experience due to congested channel. I told them to just switch channel to avoid overlapping but then.... this feature is not available. 

Its been 2 years since this post started yet TP-link havent done anything. 

Now iam looking for alternative, @TP_LINK, could you suggest better alternative other than deco?

Ty,

future buyer, oh.. change my mind

Options
2022-02-21 14:34:41

@Baek buy Google wifi. 

compared to my former deco m9 setup, it's like I have doubled my Internet speeds! 

I only use 2 of the 3 units. Places in the exact same spots as the deco's were previously. Using the same wiring. All of my speed tests are more than 2x faster compared to the deco numbers. My devices that had delays now instantaneous respond. I had a couple of dead spots with TPLink, not anymore. 

I was heaitant to go google, they do not have ability to change the wifi channel either. However, the auto select and background processes automatically changing the channel in the background works!

Run, don't walk away from TPLink products!

Options
2022-02-25 14:01:00

@David-TP I have a deco x60 and I can't use the maximum of my internet connection since it only connects me to the 80mhz channel!

Any update on this new firmware?

Options
2022-02-25 16:21:34

eltin wrote: I have a deco x60 and I can't use the maximum of my internet connection since it only connects me to the 80mhz channel!

The Deco X60 will support at least 960Mb on a 1Gb Internet gateway. Consistently.

If you are not getting ~95% of your ISP's claimed speed, you need to look at the other components of your network -- or your ISP's actual performance.

• hook up direct to the modem/gateway to be sure the ISP is delivering as expected.  (This would be your "full" modem/gateway speed.)
  • if you have a separate router and/or switch, again, hook up directly to them to ensure the "full" modem/gateway speed is getting to that point.
  • connect directly to the 2nd Ethernet port on the Master Deco to see that the "full" speed is present at that point.

Then you have a reference by which to understand or further diagnosis wireless (WiFi) issues.

If you are not getting the "full" speed at the Master (1st-wired) Deco, then the problem is in the stuff in-between the gateway and the Master Deco.

Options
2022-03-17 11:02:03

@David-TP  how much more time is the rd gonna take its been almsot 3 years like why cant you do that the functions are basic to use and simplified but you need to atleast give users the options to do it if they know and how to do it

Options

Tags

Feature Request
Channel and channel width
Related Articles