Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firmware Update
Firmware Update
2019-02-17 23:51:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

I've just setup our Deco, and everything is working great. However, any time I try to use the app, it insists that we need to update our firmware to 1.2.4 .. which I've done 6 times now. There's no way to exit the firmware update request, so I have to manually shut the app down. When I open it again, I get maybe 20 seconds of use before the upgrade pops up again. Any ideas? Love the product, but the app makes me want to kick things.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Firmware Update
2019-02-18 00:12:34

Try logout app.

Options
2019-02-19 07:51:22

First, with main deco connected to the internet source only and ensure that the firmware upgrading has completed.

Then please connect other Decos to the main router by wired cable to update the firmware and give it a go. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-02-21 11:26:52

I found the firmware update a bit of a mess, but got there eventually.

I have 9 decos.  Five updated OK at the first time of asking.  The Deco app (running on my Samsung Galaxy S9) then got locked onto a page saying "Some of your Decos are not running on the latest firmware".  Every time I tried to install the new firmware I would get an "Update failed" message. Annoyingly I couldn't get back to the index of decos to check which ones were running the new firmware (1.2.5) and which hadn't updated and were still on 1.2.4.

The solution was to reboot my phone, open the Deco app, go straight to the list of the Decos and try to note down which ones were on which firmware version, before the "Some of your Decos are not running on the latest firmware" message came up and hexed everything.  I then gathered up the four miscreants and hardwired each of them in turn to the Main Deco.  I then had to reboot the Main Deco in order to be able to redownload the firmware update - happily I only had to reboot once, but still had to redownload the new firmware for each of the miscreant decos in order to be able to update it.  Not the end of the world, but a couple of hours I could have done something better with.

This is the second firmware update in a row that has been a pain, which is a pity as generally the system works well for me.

John

Options
Re:Re:Firmware Update
2019-02-22 03:39:03

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience caused here; meanwhile it is glad to hear that you sorted it out. 

FYI, there is another easier way to update the firmware-- bring them into the same room and do the firmware upgrading.

Besides, if some of decos failed to update, to find out what they are, you can check the app or contact us to do so.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 897

Replies: 4

Related Articles