Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
185 Reply
Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-23 10:44:09

Just a warning from me: I upgraded from 1.2.8 to 1.3.0, and lost my configuration completely. I have 4 M5 deco's, one primary behind my cable modem, two connected with ethernet and a fourth one in the attic, only connected wirelessly. They all lost their configuration, started blinking, and I had to configure my complete network again.

I didn't document my port forwards or DHCP reserverations unfortunately.. And also strange: my devices didn't reconnect after I reconfigured everything, but maybe SSID's are case sensitive or something.. Big pain in the ass anyway.

The speed is ok (500/40 Mbit), but I still have the issues with devices not connecting (Authentication error, or no error but no connection), also when roaming between access points. Sometimes I have to reset an M5 to be able to connect tot it. 1.3.0 did not fix this at all. No other workaround from this forum works.

Harry

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-23 10:47:27

Hi,

Please email our tech support with the community link attached to get it. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

May it help. Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-23 11:18:16

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, and glad to hear that it becomes more stable right now.

For the speed, you can test the speed you get from the main router/modem directly to do a comparison analysis, and you can reboot the whole system and give it a go.

If still the same, you can email our tech support with the community link attached, and then they will continue to help you. 

DY-deco wrote

Although the change log doesnt state any related fixes .. the dropouts are less frequent

The authentication problem is still around but isnt as bad as having to reboot the device to get on. Sometimes just toggling wifi on off or forgetting and resigning on

The slow throughput is evident on all features off. I'm trying with fast roaming and beamforming on now..

But it doesnt look like it helps. I'm sitting right beside a satelitte deco and only getting 30mb down/ 400 up - wired backhaul , 1gb access. 

For those who were as frustrated as me on the dropouts on 1.2.8 , this is more definitely more livable with.  I dont have to deal with multiple device reboots (yet???)

What I do like with this firmware is that I can see which devices are connected to which Deco. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-23 11:48:59

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, glad to hear that it is running ok for now.

For the speed, you can test the speed you get from the main router/modem directly to do a comparison analysis, and you can reboot the whole system and give it a go.

Meanwhile, you can try to set QoS as standard and clear all the high priority items and disable fast roaming to do a test. Still the same, you can email our tech support with the thread link attached and they can do further analysis.

For your feedback regarding to the signal strength, we will remind out R&D colleagues and they can work on it. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

TonyFrend wrote

Yesterday, I put in a request for the new 1.30 firmware version with TP-Link support and coincidentally when I checked for a firmware update via my Android app last night, version 1.30 was available to download and install.

I updated my firmware to V1.30 and it seems to be running OK.

I think the speed is still lower than I would expect.

The feature that shows you which device is connected to which Deco disc is useful (together with the up and down speeds for each device).

What would be even more useful would be to display the signal strength for each device as well as the up and down speeds for each device.

A device may be idle with little or no network traffic so it is hard to judge the connection quality for the device.

Best regards,

Tony

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-23 15:44:07

I have the same issue after 1.3.0 upgrade, bad to non connection.. This is very irritating since i have now used 4-5 hours to fault finding.. 

Everything is good on this side, internet provider ensures me that the fiber is good.. Perfect signal to and from their equipment.. 

This is in the decos themselves... 

Options
2019-05-23 19:09:54

Using 1.3.0 into 3 networks.

N1  = 2 Decos

N2 = 5 Decos

N3 =4 Decos

All M5 v1. No issues! Perfect usable and really stable and fast.

Options
2019-05-23 21:09:39

No issues with firmware 1.3.0. Very stable.

Options
2019-05-25 14:55:04

Do we get an update soon ? I can't see 1.3.0 and I'm stuck with 1.2.8 that is really really bad. Connection drops, incorrect password error, etc

Options
Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-26 08:29:09 - last edited 2019-05-26 13:25:46

I had a "Deco Update Available" message in the app earlier in the week, but when I go to update it still says I'm "currently up-to-date" on 1.2.8

Does that mean the new firmware update has been pulled again?

Options
2019-05-27 09:38:01

I am now on 1.3.0 and there are still problems with dropped connections on phones, ipads etc. The only thing to do when this happens is to reboot the decos or toggle wifi off/on on the units. Up till 1.2.4 everything worked perfectly but since the 1.2.5 update I have spent more hours than I would like to admit to try to fix it. I have now decided to give up. Does anybody know if the AP-mode works ok with the latest firmware or will the problems be there regardless of which mode i am running the decos in (AP/Router)?  

Options
Related Articles