[Feature Request] Which deco a device is connected to? How many mbps?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-28 20:15:55
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Which deco a device is connected to? How many mbps? 

I think it could be a good idea.

Options
9 Reply
Re:[Feature Request] Which deco a device is connected to? How many mbps?
2019-03-01 06:26:59

Hello,

This is a good idea, now we don't know the client is connecting to which Deco's network, usually it will connect to the one closest it and with the best signal.

Options
Re:Re:[Feature Request] Which deco a device is connected to? How many mbps?
2019-03-07 09:01:17

Wow, that would be great. I will feed back to our R&D department and they will work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

Many thanks for your support and valued suggestion.

Have a nice day. 

Options
2019-07-05 07:29:12

yeah, you might want to delete Saulpaulo user as he's clearly a spammer. 

Options
2019-07-05 07:30:06

also, TPLink Kevin said in my thread that seeing which device is connected to which node will be a feature in the 'next firmware'  .... so we'll see...

Options
2019-07-08 00:59:50

Yup, we have deleted that spam comment; and as we discussed earlier, this feature will be added in next firmware. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:[Feature Request] Which deco a device is connected to? How many mbps?
2019-07-08 21:47:04

Thanks, any ideas about next firmware release time? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:[Feature Request] Which deco a device is connected to? How many mbps?
2019-07-09 01:58:43

@Petrinho 

Sorry, hard to say now; Please keep an eye on official website for the updates. 

Options
2019-12-28 16:54:33 - last edited 2020-01-21 19:56:35

@onemoar 
Hi!

However my problem corresponds with Deco M5 family, but anyway, I want to write this:

I'm still waiting to see the feature number 4) [Ablity to override roaming of devices between noded based on mac address for example if I want to set the laptop to always connect to X deco there should be a in-app option for that ].

I really feel lack of it :( Because my BLE Gateway (I don't know why), despite I have turned off the "mesh button" in its setting (only for this device) is sometimes switching between different DECOs, and does not want to connect with DECO which is closest (best signal) for the BLE Gateway ... Maybe sometimes this particular deco goes Offline (I mean loosing connection with the main deco, which is connected through Ethernet to main router) or something ? And then Gateway is connecting with the other DECOs ?

Although I think is a firmware "bug" - because, eventually when the DECO with the best signal for the unit goes back to online, it should take over the device (in this case - BLE gateway), but I'm not sure if this is possible. Whether yes or not, the "feature" which you've mentioned would also resolve this problem. Because like you said, there should be possibility to set reservation between particular deco unit and particular MAC Adress - it would be greatful to see that. 

And I suggest one more thing... The possibility of setting/changing the channels, bandwith etc. This feature also is commonly requested and metioned in a lot of threads. TP Link team - please, do something with our requests! The DECO line is great and simple, but users very often want to personalize their network settings - because different users have different needs and cases of problems.

Options
2020-02-22 12:12:42 - last edited 2020-02-25 06:34:11

@Petrinho sir , when u get this answer  login here do tell me  i am having same confusion .

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 3266

Replies: 9

Related Articles