Problems with FTP in Archer C5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-06 12:00:58 - last edited 2019-03-06 12:04:26
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 150428 Rel.75843n

Hola.
Tengo el router TP Link Archer C5 AC1200.
Tengo configurado para compartir mi dispositivo usb y configurado FTP.
Respecto al FTP tengo 2 problemas:
1.-No puedo asignarle el puerto 22 para conexión SSH.
2.-La más importante: Lo configure como lo configure, al acceder, accede al directorio raíz ( / ) y en ese directorio no se tienen permisos de escritura, si en las carpetas que yo he compartido.
Para ello necesito una de estas dos opciones:
O bien que pueda tener permisos de escritura en directorio raiz, o que el usuario acceda directamente a la carpeta compartida (que dispone de permisos de escritura).

Hay algún modo de poder solventar esto?

O poderlo configurar como pure o proftpd

Llevo más de 2 semanas intentándolo y no soy capaz.

Gracias por adelantado!

-------------------------------------------------

Hi.
I have the TP Link Archer C5 AC1200 router.
I have configured to share my USB device and configured FTP.
Regarding FTP I have 2 problems:
1.-I can not assign port 22 for SSH connection.
2.-The most important: Configure it as you configure it, when accessing, access the root directory (/) and in that directory you do not have write permissions, if in the folders that I have shared.
For this I need one of these two options:
Either you can have write permissions in the root directory, or the user can access directly to the shared folder (which has write permissions).

Is there any way to solve this?

Or can configured like pure or proftpd.

I've been trying for more than 2 weeks and I'm not capable.

Thanks in advance!

Options
10 Reply
Re:Problems with FTP in Archer C5
2019-03-06 22:56:46
You may need to update the firmware. https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-781.html
Options
2019-03-07 08:29:52

Hello, it is suggested to disable all the encryptions of the USB drive and give it a go.

Besides, please change another USB drive with fewer files existed to do a comparison analysis. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-03-07 08:41:53

One more thing, the SSH port 22 is occupied by our other product, that is why you cannot access it. 

Options
2019-03-07 10:31:44

[quote]You may need to update the firmware. https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-781.html[/quote]

I have the last firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/es/download/Archer-C5_V1.20.html#Firmware

[quote]

Hello, it is suggested to disable all the encryptions of the USB drive and give it a go.

Besides, please change another USB drive with fewer files existed to do a comparison analysis. 

May it help. [/quote]

Hi. No, I do not have the encrypted drive, it is in ntfs, I have tried other usb drives and the result is the same.

[quote]One more thing, the SSH port 22 is occupied by our other product, that is why you cannot access it. [/quote]

Ok, I understand then. It is not possible in ssh mode or by port 22, this is not a problem for me.

My problem is that, I configure the FTP in the same way as the link of the first answer.
For example, I share folder "folder1", I access by ftp and I access root level, seeing the following:
./
./folder1
When I access "folder1" I can read and write, but I need one of two:
Or have write permissions in ./
Or that the user directly accesses ./folder1.

And that's what I do not get.

Thanks and regards!

Options
Re:Re:Problems with FTP in Archer C5
2019-03-08 07:58:01

Hello,

When you logged into web UI of C5, go to USB sharing page, you can click edit on the folder you can access, and then enable write access. 

After that, please hit save and check whether it works.

Good day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Problems with FTP in Archer C5
2019-03-08 08:12:40

Hello.

Yes, I loggin into web UI of my C5, go to USB sharing page, click on the folder that I can access and then enable write access.

(Afetr this, click save).

And yes, this folder have permissions for read and write.

This is not the problem, the probem its:

When I connect via FTP, I connect to root folder ( / ), then, I can access to the sahred folder and read and write.

I need permissions for write in root folder ( / ) or, access directly to the shared folder.

In others words:

The user (admin uyser of my FTP) does not have the ability to write to the top level directory, but can write to the shared folder. I need to ensure that the user has write permissions to the top level directory, or that the users home directory is set to the shared folder directory. 

I hope you have explained me well :)

Regards.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Problems with FTP in Archer C5
2019-03-11 08:56:21

Hello,

you can right click the root folder and try to modify its write authentication and enable it.

After that, please test whether it works.

Good luck for you. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Problems with FTP in Archer C5
2019-03-11 14:49:22

Hello.

Yes, I made this, right click to the root folder an change chmod to 777.

But not change, continue with I can't writte in root folder.

Thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Problems with FTP in Archer C5
2019-03-12 10:00:38

Hi Wonder, seems that you have done everything with the TP-Link tech support yet, if the write authentication still can not be enabled, there may no other method.

Why do you setup subfolders and contains the files you want to access as a workaround.

And as you know, the Archer C5 is end of life, there may no firmware to be updated. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Problems with FTP in Archer C5
2019-03-12 15:11:07

Yes, support TP-Link I was asked, but their reply was: Are not possible. No other solution.

I configured my Server FTP for a user, full have access (read and write) in one folder and subfolders.

But I need (For the work I want to do) that the user, when connecting to FTP, by default connects to the root folder (/) in that folder does a write check, and if it gives ok, then access the folder that I have assigned and does the data dump.
That is why I need write permissions in the root folder (/) that any user accesses.
We know, configure it as we configure it, the user, when connecting via FTP, access (/) and see the folder (s) that are assigned, but never directly access the folder assigned to it.
That if it would be a good solution for me, that could access directly to the assigned folder, for example, called folder (TPLINK) that the user access directly to the "TPLINK" folder.
But this does not happen, the user, when accessing FTP, accesses (/) and there he sees the "TPLINK" folder once inside it, he can read and write.
But from the comments above, I need one of two:
-O that (/) when accessing the user has write permissions.
-Or that the user access directly to the folder "TPLINK"

And I could not do either.

I know that this model is out of manufacturing, but I do not know if the new ones, if they do.

Thanks and regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2438

Replies: 10

Related Articles