How to close ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to close ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
How to close ports
How to close ports
2019-03-12 07:53:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20181227 rel 78313

Hello Community,

After doing a stealth portscan on my network, I see that port 22 for ssh is open. I’ve been looking through the app to find a way to close it, but I don’t know how. Is there a simple way to close this port? 

I did see the same question in here, but I couldn’t find any answers.

thanks in advance

paal

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to close ports
2019-03-12 09:54:11

Hello,

The port ssh 22 is open for the Deco app. 

It cannot be disabled, otherwise it cannot be controlled by Deco app anymore.

While you do not have to worry about the secruity, as a NAT device, it will prevent the external attack. and it possesses anti-virus function.

May it help.

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:How to close ports
2019-03-12 10:32:05 - last edited 2019-03-12 10:35:02

Thanks for the reply. 

The reason why I'm really concerned is that my previous router did get infected, which I noticed yeasterday. The infection forced open port 53,80,139,445 to the internett. As soon as I noticed I threw out the router. While this was infected my deco M5 was connected to the same network, so I don't know how serve the attact was (yet). I'm afraid that some of my devices still carry an infection. And since then a new port has opened in my deco, now port 53 is also exposed to the internet. 

I want all ports filtered. 

Wish I was better at security...

Options
Re:Re:Re:How to close ports
2019-03-12 10:33:30
It would be nice to get notified when a change is done to the firewall by the deco app.
Options
Re:Re:Re:How to close ports
2019-03-13 07:37:39

Hello,

Regarding to the original question, below is an explanation which may help you to understand it more clearly.

Deco is an APP used to manage and configure routers; to guarantee the safety of the communication process; we use SSH to encrypt the data. So the SSH is available on the firmware.
What’s more, we have already considered the security issue, and have already blocked the related SSH tunnels and commands, which makes this SSH available only to the Deco APP.  Other SSH clients cannot control the router via commands. 

So please rest assured that the SSH will never cause any safety issue on your device.

Back to the current issue:

How did you test that port 53 is open? Which program did you use? 

Please check whethere there is an UPnP device in the local network cause they will open the port automatically.

Besides, please access with WAN IP : port number externaly and check what will happen.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5453

Replies: 4

Related Articles