TP-Link AC1200 configuration page block itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-19 12:10:33
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.4

Hi,

I use a computer to login the router configuration page for the parent control or access control for that computer itself. Once I have the computer bloked, I am not able to login the configuration page anymore to unblock that computer.  Is there any workaround? 

My old other-brand router was able to access the router configuration page all time even from a blocked computer.  It means it blocks the computer from external network traffic, but not to the router. I like this way.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC1200 configuration page block itself
2019-03-20 07:16:31

Hi,

For your information, the device used to login to the web interface cannot add itself into access control or parental control list. Cause it was regarded as master/parental device. 

And we are sorry  to tell you that the blocked device cannot access the configuration page anymore, if you want to unblock it, you need use another device to login and unblock it.

It is designed to block internet completely, otherwise the device itself will login to the configuration page and unblock it to access internet. 

While if you add the device into parental control, select whitelist without any keywords and choose 24/7 as internet access time, even though it cannot login to the web interface, it still can access the devices in the same network.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 586

Replies: 1

Related Articles