Any known issues with Solar

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-26 08:30:51

We've recently installed solar panels on the roof of our barn, approx 30m from the house.

In preperation I purchased a Powerline extender and it paired and worked fine when plugged into the barn, however, now that we have had the solar panels installed, the connection is very tempromental.  The "house" LED on teh extender very rarely shows a connection but I can leave it alone and the connection will come back by itself when it does.

Does anyone know of any issues where interaction with Solar results in teh powerline adapters not working - is it something as simple as being dependent on the direction in which the voltage is flowing along the power lines for example?

If helps - a rough schematic is:

Adapter plugged into ring main

into

Main fuse board

from which ~40m cable to barn

into 2nd fuse board - 

Solar and seperate ring main spurred from 2nd fuse board

Extender plugged into this ring main

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Any known issues with Solar
2019-03-27 07:14:14

as far as I known, to ensure the performance, we'd better plug the adapters in the same ring main; while considering the actual demand, try to plug them into different ring main without plugged into the solar system to do a comparison test. 

If the connection become more stable, the solar may be the reason; as an electrical device, it will affect the performance of the adapters who communicate with each other via power line. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1557

Replies: 1