Slow lan speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow lan speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow lan speed
Slow lan speed
2019-03-30 08:03:13 - last edited 2019-03-30 09:06:58
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20180425 rel.72768

Dears,

I have got 1000mbit internet on my  home  when i connect my lan cable to modem i am reciving over 900mbit but when i try it from c7 router i am receving 92-95 download and 90+ upload. Upliad is okay but i dont know why its putting limit  to downlaod or not working as it should be. 

I disabled ip6,nat ,nat boost, spi , all nat forwardings,qqos (isnt active) and different combinations. Restarting doesnt helps i am getting same speed. Is this hardware issue or is there anything left to try?

PS: ITs Archer c7 not a7

Options
5 Reply
Re:Slow lan speed
2019-04-01 06:38:56

Having the same issue.....

have you tried the following:

Turning off NAT boost? 

After NAT turned off,  have you tried enabling QoS? 

Also, have you disabled these:

Current NAT Status:    Disable
Current Hardware NAT Status:    Disable

my guess is that hardware NAT is enabled by default on v5

Also,  what is your speed if you use the 5Ghz Wifi signal?  

Options
2019-04-01 06:50:39

Hi,

Do not disable NAT boost. 

While cause the speed from C7 by wired cable is about 92-95 download and 90+ upload; please login to the web interface and go to Basic page to check the negotiation speed of internet port. (Click the Archer C7 icon on the top and then you can see the info you need)

How to login: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1523/ 

Besides, please change another cable with better quality to connect the C7 and modem, like cat5e or cat6.

Good day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-04-01 09:47:49

Thanks for valuable answers. I tried diusabling nat and booster enabling QoS  and different settings. I have got cat6 cable and this cable is already able to get over 900mbit from modem so issue isnt on cable at least between computer to roouter. 

But thanks you gave me a nice tip about negotion speed its showing 100mbdublex for internet is it related cable betwene modem to switch? ( i am not able to see cable its inside of wall) or is there some setting? 

Options
Re:Re:Slow lan speed
2019-04-02 00:42:51

Sata wrote

Thanks for valuable answers. I tried diusabling nat and booster enabling QoS  and different settings. I have got cat6 cable and this cable is already able to get over 900mbit from modem so issue isnt on cable at least between computer to roouter. 

But thanks you gave me a nice tip about negotion speed its showing 100mbdublex for internet is it related cable betwene modem to switch? ( i am not able to see cable its inside of wall) or is there some setting? 

Thanks for your reply.

The negotiation speed of internet poort is 100Mbps, that is why the speed won't be higher than 100Mbps.

It is suggested to change another cable to connect the internet/WAN port of C7 to the internet source to do a comparison analysis.

Meanwhile, you mentioned switch, so may I know the current network layout? 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Slow lan speed
2019-12-08 13:36:17 - last edited 2019-12-08 13:39:16

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

I have the same/simmilar problem.

direct cable PC to modem has 900+ mbs, same cable to TP-Link Archer C7 v5 LAN port gets about 250mbs.

...and after a while it lowers to 90mbs. When I reset the router speed is again 250mbs.

This router when I put it to work did 900 mbs speeds but now after 1 year or so doesnt any more.

Same settings, same setup. Can it be a hardware failure?

p.s. I might have updated the firmware to latest some time ago, not sure if this can also be a cause.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4939

Replies: 5

Related Articles